Monday, November 3, 2008

mixing in making do

I was at an all day crop on Saturday, which, following right on the heels of Halloween, found me there present, with very little preparation. I literally just packed a small wheeled bag with a bunch of monthly kit club kits, brought my box of pictures and some tools, adhesives, and a single box of mini chalk ink pads.

It seemed like a great idea til I started scrapping. Oh. Who was I kidding? as a girl who admits to loving the lumpy, it was not easy to tackle scrapping with only some of my supplies, but not all. After constantly flipping through all of my different kits to see if I could find stuff here and there, and wasting precious crop time, I finally told myself sternly. Do with what you’ve got. Figure something out. You’ve got paper. Go….

When I started to look at what I had with an eye towards repurposing, embellishing, etc., with basic techniques, it became clear I totally could.

the paper strips on my table got pleated for “ribbons”



I cut some floral patterns out of the printed 7 gypsies PP; I took the die cut flowers and jammed the centers over the back of a pen to give them some dimension; used my chalk inks to “paint” my chipboard and stamped on plain white paper to make more embellies. Some of the pictures got popped up with foam tape…



The finished layout was pretty cool. (Stamps are Unity Stamp Company September Kit of the Month (Love and butterfly) and catslifepress (journal); PP are: Fontwerks and 7 Gypsies; embellies are Maya Road, daisy D, Queen & Co.



And with that, the rest of the day just flew by. I got a ton done. Yay!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great improvisation, Wendy! I totally know what you mean when you say you need everything you have. That's me too! LOL!!! But nonetheless, the layout turned out wonderful :) You did great! :)

Amy said...

Love the way that layout turned out!..I can never figure out what to pack either...I've adopted a toss and go policy..LOL

Karen said...

Great LO! I love to 'make-do' and you really showed how it CAN be done!!

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

Great layout!

Lisa Spiegel said...

LOVE that layout!