Monday, October 27, 2008

a productive weekend

I had a rough week at work last week and entered the weekend emotionally and physically exhausted. I desperately needed to reorient my brain, and as I often do at times like that, I took refuge in my scrapping. At times like this, I am very much a purposeful scrapper - creating layouts that tell a story to remind me of what I cherish. More than just the artistic release, I need the remembering....

And so, when I could fine a moment, that's how I spent my weekend. I did a lot of scraplifting - pounding through a bunch of pictures that have been sitting on my desk waiting for their stories to be told, without the stress of having to worry about the design part (I tend to do this with pictures that are harder to scrap because of distracting elements, colors, etc..., since I already know the design is awesome - best chances for a pleasing layout IMO). Every now and then, a mojo lift had me going off on my own for a layout. I did 10 layouts total - and went through a bunch of supplies. Awesome layouts, a smaller picture pile, and such relief on that supply hoarder's guilt. Anyhow, here are two of my "my own" layouts from the weekend... I feel better today and ready to tackle the work week...

TFL. Wendy

(I love the BENDINESS of clear stamps... it almost makes up for the slight non-crispness of the images you get from them)



My DD and her white solid belt ceremony in TaeKwonDo



Just a funny story in our house we want to remember...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sooo totally understand what you mean, Wendy. Great that you were able to recharge this weekend. Fabulous layouts, girl! :)