Monday, February 4, 2008

i'm back...

With many apologies for my slight hiatus... Been in a funk lately and the only interesting things I have been thinking of are political, so I thought best to lay low.

I started watching Project Runway in earnest - DD just loves it and I find it refreshing to watch something other than sponge bob on the tv... It has gotten me kind of on fire to learn how to sew. I learned back when I was a kid from my mom but I remember nothing. About a year ago, my mom gave (well loaned, b/c my mom's "gives" are always reversible) a older sewing machine. Mom's an avid quilter so her hand me down was better than I'd ever ever buy. I started to fall in love with it again, but everything I made looked - well - homemade (note I said homemande, not handmade)....

Anyone have a good link to a good basic sewing course online or on dvd? not project specific sewing courses - but a basic one that I can learn the "right" way.

B/c I saw an apron like this when we were on vacation in December and I wanted it so bad. But !! $80. No way... But here's a pattern... And I love those awesome fabrics at superbuzzy. but I won't invest in that fabric til I know I won't mess it up. so until then, its J's clearance fabric for me...

can anyone help a new seamster out? (a lovely lady pointed out to me I can't really say I'm a new "sewer" (as in waste...) - rofl - but seamstress seems so much more skilled than I am. So, I'm going with seamster for now....

No comments: