Wednesday, January 9, 2008

my paradigm shift

Maybe about 2-3 months ago, a series of books came out that changed my way of thinking as I approached my work. Ali Edward's "Life Artist," the Effer Dares "We Dare You" and a few art journal books whose authors are escaping me right now.

With all, I loved how the focus was on reality scrapping and not just scrapping good stuff. Not that scrapping the good stuff is bad. It remains the prominent focus of my scrapbooks. But - I don't know why, this "permission" if you will to scrap "real" has really energized my drive for wanting to create. I guess b/c there is a therapeutic element to it, mentally, I feel freer to kind of experiment? We're running a "Dare" challenge at the lifetimemoments board, and its been wonderful to jump start my creative drive...

Here's what I've done so far..... TFL! Wendy




No comments: