Sunday, February 21, 2010

stitch markers

I have a confession... I have become such a multitasker that I cannot stand just sitting there watching TV or in the passenger seat on any driving trip of length. In those times, I normally knit or crochet. Smaller projects as I do not have the attention span for bigger ones? I recently scored on some Rowan Big Wool yarn for a great price (in a not so hot pink color, but hey... it was a great deal). I have always been a big fan of Wen Lan Chia's Twinkle patterns, but never had the huge yarn. I was so excited I could finally do something. But - that yarn is the huge super bulky weight (but nice and light still, which is why I love it). So, it was off to ebay to order a set of size 36 circulars, when I realized that I had no stitch marker even close to being big enough... And that I didnt' want to spend anymore at this point. And so... I made some up - I had all these supplies left over from my early years in scrapbooking when metal was all the rage... While I do sometimes make jewelry now, I usually use better materials, and so this older stuff has just been sitting around. Heh. Not anymore. It was perfect....

For my size 17 circulars


For my size 36

And here they are in action...

(I love these twinkle patterns b/c they're HUGE and so, it takes about the same number of physical stitches as, say, a baby sweater. I also like it b/c it looks so different than anything else out there). Hopefully I can finish this one soon. The one time I tried to make a non-kid sized sweater with a size 8 needle - i was still knitting 6 mos into it and I was bored out of my mind...

4 comments:

Karen said...

Love your stitch markers!!! I too can not stand to be with out needles and fiber! I feel it is such a waste of time to sit with idle hands! I love to do 'mindless' knitting, like dishcloths, while visiting with friends!

liannallama said...

super cute idea--they turned out beautifully! I have started knitting again too. I never finish anything so maybe I will finish this scarf, LOL!

Madeline said...

Oooo...that is one thing I've never tried...knitting! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Rhonnie said...

Great stitch markers Wendy!! :)
I started making my own late last year and LOVE it :) I can have them look like anything I want in any size I want. SO much more convenient.
Hey, are you on Ravelry.com?? If so "friend" me. I am Rhonnie there also :)