Sunday, January 4, 2009

back to my scrap/stamp room

After the long hiatus, it felt good to get back into my craft room..... I cleaned up folders on my computer and officially opened up the folder for 2009. Here are a few of my first layouts this year. Its nice to be back into it.

1) delightful

I'm getting really into smaller multi photos and lots of white space. I think its the result of scrapping single enlarged photo layouts that didn't really have an associated event for many years, and having lots and lots of filled scrapbooks that the kids look at and go "eh?" - they much prefer the story layouts and I've started to love them again too... its also been totally helpful to control the volume - we would have run out of space quickly under my old single/photo/layout system. Don't get me wrong. I'll still do the single photo layout - I tend to get a bit more artistic with those, and I love that too. Its just going to be much more mixed up this year.

PP is anna griffin; stamps are Growing in Unity by Unity Stamp Company




2) tree picking

When you have a blankish sheet of paper with busy pictures, I like to just stamp a frame onto the paper, and put my pictures on top - using embellishments to add visual interest as opposed to more printed paper that distract from the pictures.

PP is BoBunny; Stamps are Our Life Our Stories by Unity Stamp Company


TFL! Last day before we all officially get back into our normal routines. Enjoy your day. :)

No comments: